The seeds for God@Work were sown in early 2003 when a number of church-planting souls from Elim Family Church joined with an itinerant Assemblies of God evangelist Lawrence Seow to pursue God’s vision for a new church.
God@Work was established in 2004 and the inaugural service was held on February 1st 2004 at the Plaza Hotel, Beach Road with over 200 guests and friends attending. The church’s dedication service, conducted by the Assemblies of God General Superintendent, in March 2004 established the church as a bone fide church under the umbrella and guidance of the Assemblies of God.
The mission statement of the church is BRING THEM IN, BUILD THEM UP and SEND THEM OUT
The church is a registered charity and society.
The church moved to its current location at Penhas Road, by God’s grace, in June 2006.
The church holds its weekly service on Sunday mornings and started an afternoon Tagalog service in October 2011.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
2Timothy 3:15~17; Hebrews 4:12; 2Peter 1:21;
- We believe in One God who is eternally existent in Three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; Mark 12:29
- We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God.
John 1:14; 3:16
- We believe in the sinless life of Jesus Christ and His death on the cross, which were both necessary for redeeming mankind from sin.
Hebrews 9:14~15; 1Peter 2:24
- We believe in the death, burial and bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28:5~7; 1Corinthians 15:3~8
- We believe in the physical return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth, which is commonly known as the Second Coming.
Acts 1:10~11; Hebrews 9:28
- We believe that there is salvation only through the Lord Jesus Christ and through His shed blood.
John 14:6; Hebrews 9:22; 1Peter 1:18~19
- We believe in Water Baptism (by immersion) and baptizing in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:19; Acts 8:3~8; Romans 6:4;
- We believe in miracles and supernatural manifestations as recorded in the Bible and that they still occur today.
Mark 16:17~18; Hebrews 2:3~4
- We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues.
Matthew 3:11; Acts 2:4; 10:46; 11:16; 19:6
- We believe that divine healing for the body is included in the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Matthew 9:35; Mark 16:17~18; James 5:14-15; 1Peter 2:24
- We believe in living a holy and sanctified life.
Romans 12:1~2; Hebrews 12:14